CINTESIS is an innovative research unit.
This centre has enormous potential for developing synergies and is open to the establishment of collaborative partnerships with national and European companies and universities in order to secure regional, national and European competitive funds.
CINTESIS has an outstanding know-how in the fields of Data Science Solutions, Health Technology Assessment, Clinical Trial Support and Health Informatics Services, which makes it an experienced service provider accredited as a Research Services Provider – Vale Oportunidades de Investigação e para Prestação de Serviços – Vale Indústria 4.0 (Portuguese strategy to develop industry in the digital area)
These are the services that CINTESIS can provide, namely in the context of projects financed by existing programmes (e.g.: P2020, H2020, FCT):
PRODUCING THE STATE OF THE ART OF ANY HEALTH INFORMATICS FIELD
HEALTH INFORMATICS SERVICES
- Requirements mapping and mockups design for information systems (apps, clinical records, …).
- Health processes/workflows survey and corresponding indicators (organisational management processes, healthcare organisational processes, and clinical processes).
- Implementation of BPM (Business Process Management) and EA (Enterprise Architecture) solutions in healthcare organisations.
- Audit of the data quality of a given system and corresponding data structure. Implementation of the integration between operational systems (e.g.: clinical records) and decision support systems.
- Analysis of secondary data, including data quality analysis, production and analysis of management and quality indicators.
- Integration of systems, electronic clinical records and record linkage.
HEALTH TECNOLOGY ASSESSMENT
- Impact assessment of the use of a new application (drug, medical device, computer application).
- Impact assessment of the use of classification/codification systems.
- Support and audit in accordance with the GDPR (EU General Data Protection Regulation).
- Risk analysis and definition of business continuity and incident response plans.
- Definition and analysis of mechanisms and models for authentication and access control.
- Security and usability assessment of medical applications and devices.
- Sociotechnical security analysis of applications or workflows.
HEALTH DATA SCIENCE SOLUTIONS
- Research studies design.
- Evidence aggregation in synthesis studies.
- Definition and structuring of research databases.
- Questionnaire and form design for data collection.
- Calculation of the sample size and suitability to the research question.
- Computerisation of biomedical data.
- Analysis and statistical modelling of biomedical data.
- Analysis of large local and distributed databases.
- Machine learning methods for intelligent data analysis.
- Data mining of big databases (Big Data mining).
- Building models and systems to support decision making in healthcare.
- Visualization and presentation of scientific results.
- Information quality assessment.
- Tools for exploring and analysing hospital data (e.g.: emergency data, hospitalization data).
- Epidemiological studies.
- Hospital benchmarking.
- Evidence analysis and support to healthcare policy management.
- Health services research.
- Bibliometric analysis of studies in a given scientific field.
- Development of teaching strategies based on biomedical simulation, applied to training and evaluation of health professionals.
- Development of simulation tools, with special interest in low-cost simulators.
CLINICAL TRIAL SUPPORT
- Research Methodology.
- Statistical Analysis.
- Information System.
PROMOTION AND DISSEMINATION OF RESULTS
- Publication of scientific results (articles, papers, posters).
- Dissemination and promotion of results (congresses, conferences, presentations).
- Health Communication (press office, design, web design, translation services from Portuguese-English).
COUNSULTING SERVICES IN FINANCED PROJECTS
- Search of funding opportunities (PT2020, H2020).
- Application preparation and management (identifying documentation, tasks distribution, application’s budget analysis, support to budget preparation).
- Support in the application submission.
- Support in the management of the project implementation (project management, payment requests, document management, audit preparation, communication with funding entity, participation in the consortium meetings).